Monday, April 29, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 4/29/13




Today the Boys and I are linking up to a meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey as well as Jen and Kellee at Teach Mentor Texts.  It's called: It's Monday!  What Are You Reading?  Check out both of their blogs for many, many, more wonderful book recommendations and links to others who are doing the same.

We need to catch up with our readers this week, because the Boys continue to log more books towards their 2013 reading goals.  Here's our update:

C.J. has read:


C.J. is now reading:



P.J. has read:
 He is now reading:

He had to put this one
 on hold for the time being, because David Lubar's novel is a school-assigned book.
He has almost finished and will get back to it soon, I'm sure!


Mom has read:
Pure fantasy set in Prague.  The prose is descriptive and clever at the start, and I adore the main character, Karou.  The storyline is intriguing, but I was disappointed by the cliffhanger ending that sets up for book #2.  



Realistic fiction / Mystery told from the perspectives of both mother and daughter in a series of texts and narratives.   I was surprised by the ending- it still has me thinking...

Mom is now reading:
This dark fairy tale told as a collection of consecutive stories is SPOOKY!  I almost abandoned it at the start (on the advice of the narrator), but I am glad I continued.  I'm a little over halfway through, but I will only read it by daylight.

What are You reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Boys LOVE to receive positive words of encouragement as well as book recommendations from you! Please take a minute to leave a happy comment. Registering through OpenID is quick and easy~ we can't wait to hear what you think!