Monday, February 25, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 2/25/13




Today the Boys and I are linking up to a meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey as well as Jen and Kellee at Teach Mentor Texts.  It's called: It's Monday!  What Are You Reading?  Check out both of their blogs for many, many, more wonderful book recommendations and links to others who are doing the same.


Here is our rating system as penned by P.J.:  
  • For every "rock" it means something different, like 1 rock is not very good, 2 rocks is OK, 3 rocks is good, 4 rocks is great, and 5 rocks is amazing! Well now that I got you up to speed, let's get into these book reviews.









Hey this is P.J., and this is my reading update. As you may have read on my previous post, (link here) I read the book chasers by James Phelan and I thought it was great. I am now going to read survivor by James Phelan, and I can't wait to see what happens to Jesse next. This has been P.J.- thanks for reading.



Hey this is C.J, WAZZUP!!! and this... is book report time.
When we left off,  I was reading Among the Barons and now I have been reading a lot of the Shadow Children series.  Now I am on the last book, Among the Free! What is going on right now is that Luke has joined the population police with his friends to try to overthrow them from the inside. He has been taken to join a different squad to help issue out identification cards. While there, he goes from house to house, giving out cards when an old lady is not going to get her card. Luke's sergeant tells Luke to kill the old lady. He held up the gun too her head. Thats where I'm going to leave you. Read the book, its awesome!





Well, the Boys have got Mom beat, hands down!  Here's my reading update:
I read An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.  I think he's my latest author crush.  I am planning to read Looking for Alaska next.

I am also just about finished with Pathways to the Common Core.

And I am participating in an online book study for Reading Amplified by LeAnne Spillane.  It has been an eye-opening experience so far, and it is pushing my thinking about the use of technology in literacy education.  
If you are curious about the e-book, visit the Stenhouse website here: Reading Amplified

What are You reading?

1 comment:

  1. I have read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - absolutely loved it. I would like to participate in an online book study in the future - sound interesting. And Pathways is on my list of to read books too.

    ReplyDelete

The Boys LOVE to receive positive words of encouragement as well as book recommendations from you! Please take a minute to leave a happy comment. Registering through OpenID is quick and easy~ we can't wait to hear what you think!