Monday, December 10, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? AND the 25 Days of Book-mas Day 10!




Today the Boys and I are linking up to a meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey as well as Jen and Kellee at Teach Mentor Texts.  It's called: It's Monday!  What Are You Reading?  Check out both of their blogs for many, many, more wonderful book recommendations and links to others who are doing the same!


In addition, today is Day 10 of our


25 Days of Book-mas!!!





Insignia by S.J. Kincaid
The Pearl by John Steinbeck
Hey this is P.J. and this is my reading update! I have been reading the book Insignia for quite a while, and I promise to finish it soon, but I just haven't had time to read lately. The book I'm reading in school right now is The Pearl by John Steinbeck. It is a good book about a very poor man who finds a great pearl, and the book takes him through the time when this pearl haunted his life.  This has been P.J. hope to see you next time I do a reading update! 

Hey this is C.J., Magic is in the air this holiday season, and this... is book report time!

I have recently finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and now I am on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Having already seen the movie, I know what happens. But I don't want to spoil it for you. So far the book is a 4/5 Rock Rating and is pretty good. Snape has become Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and is trying to teach how to do advanced things that no one is succeeding at. Professor Slughorn (A former Hogwarts teacher) is the potions teacher at Hogwarts this year. Now that Voldemort is on the loose, security is all over the place, in Diagon Alley, Hogwarts, the Ministry of Magic. Basically everywhere.  So now life at Hogwarts has gotten boring. But Dumbledore is teaching Harry about all of Voldemort's secrets. I actually found out that Voldemort's real name (Tom Marvolo Riddle) has the same letters as the phrase "I am Lord Voldemort." Well that's all folks!
C.J. out! <(-_-)> (That's my trademark.)




Mom's picture books (click on the title to read reviews on Goodreads.)


I suspect that Middle Graders who enjoyed the mechanical creations in The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick, the villain Count Olaf in The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, and the sassy sisters in The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall will also enjoy:

Horten's Miraculous Mechanisms by Lissa Evans

Book club at school began last week.  I'm currently digesting Chapter 4:

Pathways to the Common Core by Calkins, Eherenworth, and Lehman

New books this week include:


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Boys LOVE to receive positive words of encouragement as well as book recommendations from you! Please take a minute to leave a happy comment. Registering through OpenID is quick and easy~ we can't wait to hear what you think!