Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 4: The Wonder of the Season

Today is Day 4 of our


25 Days of Book-mas!!!


Our selection today (chosen by C.J.) is absolutely Wonderful.





THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!!!
Hey this is C.J. I hope you are wondering about what Wonder is about, like how I wondered before I read Wonder.

This book is WONDERful (haha) because the book is about a kid named Auggie Pullman who has a facial abnormality. He has to go to school after being homeschooled for a long time. At the school, Auggie is stared at in wonder.  The story is told in many peoples perspectives, but mostly Auggie's.  The parts of the story told from Auggie's perspective show that inside, Auggie feels like a regular boy. My sister has a disability like Auggie in this book.  There is another character, Julian, who is a total jerk who makes fun of Auggie behind his back, and yells insults at Auggie. I think of this character as the meanest jerkface ever.  Also Auggie meets a girl named Summer who ignores the fact about Auggie's looks and treats him like a normal boy.  I personally respect how Summer treats Auggie.
There is also a teacher in Wonder named Mr.Browne who tells brilliant precepts to the students.  My favorite one would have to be the one below this sentence.
"Have no friends not equal to yourself."   —Confucius
This precept means to me that you shouldn't just be friends with people just because they are rich or popular, it just means to be friends with people who relate to you.
The reason people should read this book is because I believe that people who read it will learn to respect people like my sister. I would give this book a rock rating of 5/5. (First book given a perfect record by me!) I would reccomend this book to everybody in the world (ages 10 and up)!

If you are interested, Mom's review on Goodreads is here.

You can also learn more about the book Wonder by visiting the author R.J. Palacio's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Boys LOVE to receive positive words of encouragement as well as book recommendations from you! Please take a minute to leave a happy comment. Registering through OpenID is quick and easy~ we can't wait to hear what you think!