Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 19: Hold Me Closer, Necromancer and Necromancing the Stone by Lish McBride



Today is Day 19 of our


25 Days of Book-mas!!!


For older teens, Mom's picks for today are:

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
 and the sequel,

Necromancing the Stone by Lish McBride

If you would have told me a year ago that I would sing and laugh my way through a book with zombies, vampires, severed heads, werewolves, witches, and fey, I wouldn't have believed you. Yet, I did.  The first Necromancer book dug in its teeth, and I was instantly hooked.  Sam LaCroix is a believable underdog of a character, and I cheered for him throughout the story (and sang every chapter title- seriously, McBride is a genius.)
In the second Necromancer installment, Lish McBride continues to delight. Adjusting to his new power as a necromancer, Sam initially stumbles through his life as an exorciser of the dead and leader of the magical Council. Douglas may be dead, but death continues to occur around him. 
Now, sing along with me...
Spirits have come from distant cities, just to see him. And as far as they see, they can offer no explanation. With humor, good friends, and an epic magic hangover, he'll make his way.... he'll make his way.
Recommended for mature YA audiences (Ages 14 and up).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Boys LOVE to receive positive words of encouragement as well as book recommendations from you! Please take a minute to leave a happy comment. Registering through OpenID is quick and easy~ we can't wait to hear what you think!