Monday, September 17, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 9/17


Today the Boys and I are linking up to a meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey as well as Jen and Kellee at Teach Mentor Texts.  It's called: It's Monday!  What Are You Reading?  Check out both of their blogs for many, many, more wonderful book recommendations and links to others who are doing the same!
Rock on!


Our rating system, as written by P.J.:  
  • For every "rock" it means something different, like 1 rock is not very good, 2 rocks is OK, 3 rocks is good, 4 rocks is great, and 5 rocks is amazing! Well now that I got you up to speed, let's get into these book reviews.


P.J.'s update:  I have been reading this book (The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke) for quite a while now but I am just not that interested in it.  I mean, IT IS EXACTLY LIKE THE MOVIE.  I see almost the exact same things I saw in the movie in this book. That is why I am now going to switch my full attention onto my lit links book The A.B.C. Murders by Agatha Christie.  I will be writing about that book next week. This has been P.J.'s weekly update, thanks for reading and I  hope you read next week.







Rock Rating: 3 out of 5 
This book is good!
Hi this is C.J.  Big swords make ninjas look good... and this is book report time!
Lately I have been reading a book called Maxx Comedy by Gordon Korman.  It is a story about a boy named Max Carmody who tries to compete in a contest to become the funniest kid in America.  He makes it in the contest against 5 other people.  Max goes through hard times, funny times, and weird times throughout the book. It is up to you to find out if "Maxx Comedy" wins the title "Funniest Kid in America.
I recommend this book for ages 9-14.

What C.J. is reading now:



What Mom read this week (click on the title to link to book reviews and ratings):



Mom doesn't normally "Rock Rate" books, but if she did, she'd give this one a 5 out of 5!!!

Good thing the sequel comes out TOMORROW!!!  Yay!!!




Happy Reading, Everyone!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Boys LOVE to receive positive words of encouragement as well as book recommendations from you! Please take a minute to leave a happy comment. Registering through OpenID is quick and easy~ we can't wait to hear what you think!