Thursday, June 28, 2012

We Mustache You a Question...

The boys are getting a little reflective today, which is AWESOME!  If you are taking the time to read and/or follow our blog, I mustache you a question~ Please leave a little comment for the Boys.  They love to hear from you, their audience, and it makes their reading responses real and purposeful.  Tonight, they even have some (unprompted by me) questions for you.  We appreciate any and all feedback from our readers.  Thank you!

WAZZUP WAZZUP C.J. here!  Fako Mustacheo approves this blog and this is book report time. When we left off I was reading Bone by Jeff Smith. I ditched this book because it started giving me nightmares and I fear so much stuff so Bone added to my fears. ): I do not recommend this book to anyone! But now I'm reading a muuuuch much much better book called Fake Mustache by Tom Angleberger! It's the funniest most hilarious book ever!!! P.S What's brown and sticky? A STICK!!! P.P.S. my mom made me put that there. (: If u have any books or things that are not scary, please put that in the comments. Thank You!

Hey this is P.J. and it is probably not your favorite time of the day because it is my turn at the computer.  Here is my blog! I am still on the book Overlord Protocol by Mark Walden, and I know what you are thinking:  You are still on that book? The answer to your question:  Yes, yes I am.  I am almost done though! :)  When  I stopped reading this book today, Professor Pike found out that the Contesta is working for Cypher and he is about to tell everyone about it and I cant wait to read more! Just a quick question, do you guys think that I am taking too long on this book? Just put your answer in the comments section and I hope to hear from you! ;D

4 comments:

  1. Hi, C.J. I'm sorry to hear you didn't like Bone, but you aren't alone - I wasn't such a big fan either. I was thinking of books you might like and I thought of The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman. It's sort of an old fashioned-type story, but it is full of great adventure. I was also wondering if you had ever read anything by Andrew Clements. I read a lot of his books at the end of last year and really liked them. Looking forward to continuing to follow your reading journey! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, P.J. It's so cool that you are enjoying H.I.V.E.! I loved the books too - so much adventure and crazy twists! I would say not to sweat it about taking a couple of days to finish a book; sometimes it's nice to just read slowly and savor the experience. A book that I recently read and really enjoyed was Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I warn you, it is a little weird but it was unlike anything I'd ever read before. You would probably also really enjoy the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, if you haven't already read them. I heard you liked Harry Potter, so those would be right up your alley. I'm so looking forward to following your reading journey! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys- I love your blog! I am hoping that it will be an inspiration or should I say motivation, for my son Colby who is 12 and will choose chores over reading. We also go to the library weekly and search the shelves for a good book. He enjoys series books and historical fiction books. PJ, I think your book just might spark an interest since it is adventurous and a series. We are going to look for it at the library on Thursday. Right now he is reading, Ghost Soldier, which is a book about a boy who is able to talk to ghost and while he is at a Civil War museum, a young ghost from war seeks him and asks him to help him find out what happened to his family. When he is finished, I am going to have him write his summary on your blog. I think this is an awesome blog and I am anxious to get Colby involved! CJ, I am a 4th grade teacher and I have to agree that the Bones books are just too creepy! Some of my students read them and recommend them but I have not been able to get interested in them. From the recommendation above, I also agree and love the Whipping Boy. It is actually a book that I use in my guided reading groups and the students love it. The book you just finished sounds like a book that I should add to my classroom library too. Thanks for the recommendation!
    In answer to your questions, PJ there is never an amount of time put on a good book. Each book is a new adventure and adventures should not be rushed! CJ- another book recommendation for you might be Classroom at the End of the Hall. I cannot remember the name of the author but it is a very funny book where each chapter is about one of the students in the room. Very odd things happen to each of them!
    Great job boys! I love the site! Keep reading!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! Sorry it has taken me so long to reply! I love, love, love your comments to the boys, and those are great recommendations! We will definitely check them out. I am hoping your reading adventure is going well this summer, too. :)

      Delete

The Boys LOVE to receive positive words of encouragement as well as book recommendations from you! Please take a minute to leave a happy comment. Registering through OpenID is quick and easy~ we can't wait to hear what you think!