Friday, June 15, 2012

Fabulous, Fun Friday!

Happy Friday!
Happy Friday!
Woot!  Woot!

We made it through a whole WEEK of reading!!  Well, it was 5 days in a row, but we still feel like celebrating.  :)

Therefore, we hereby decree the official indoctrination of the inception of the commencement of our very first ever FUN FRIDAY!  You never know what may happen on a Friday~ we may decide to spin around in the desk chair until we are dizzy, sing and dance for you, and then write our whole blog in Pig Latin.  That's how we roll...  You never know what Fun Friday will bring! <Insert pre-teen eye-roll here.>

Today, in the spirit of all things fun in the world of boys, books, and reading, I thought I'd share some funny blogs for the amusement of the Moms and Dads out there.  The first is from Pragmatic Mom, and it's titled, "Hilarious Children's Authors with Impossible Names to Pronounce."  Krosoczka, Scieszka, and Czekaj, Oh My!  Next is a link from StorySnoops that lists a bunch of books about Zombies.  I think Zombies are all kinds-o-fun, and so do the Boys.  If you enjoy Pinterest (as I do), you can also check out this awesome board of Gross Out Books for kids and pin some that you think yours would enjoy.  Because, quite frankly, gross is way fun.

And finally... <drum roll> we got some Hummus for your mini-toast!  (Ok, so it's from TV, noneducational, and absolutely unrelated to books, but the Boys think it's hilarious.)  Sit back and get ready to party (with your hummus), as you enjoy the Boys' reviews:

Upsay, isthay isway c.Jay andway isthay isway myay unfay idayfray ookbay eportray. Oobay!

Today I read Notes From the Midnight Driver.  So far I am at page 97 and Alex visited Sol at the hospital. Alex found out that Sol might not live if he gets pneumonia again, which is most likely going to happen. I am enjoying the book so far and recommend it to people.
Mom's note:  C.J. typed that with lightning speed so that he could get back to building his LEGO Lord of the Rings set.  LEGOs are super-fun.

Ihay isthay isway p.Jay odaytay iway eadray ethay ookbay eadday endway inway orveltnay.  Translation: Hi this is P.J. Today I read the book Dead End in Norvelt. This book is great so far, although I am only through 2 chapters (they're really long). There is nothing I don't like about this book so far, that is right, so far there is nothing I don't like. The things I do like are that it is during the World War 2 era, but the thing I like most about this story is the main character.  This character is very interesting and already after 2 chapters I have a sense of the trouble he is going to get into. I can't wait to read more of this book and I'm sure I can finish it by Monday.

Dear readers, we hope that you have enjoyed the first week of our Mom and Boys #Bookaday blog adventure.  We will be taking a break from blogging over the weekend (but we will continue to read and talk at home amongst ourselves).  We'll be back on Monday.  Have a great weekend, and HAPPY Fun Friday!!


Books reviewed/mentioned today:
Sonnenblick, Jordan. Notes from the Midnight Driver. New York: Scholastic, 2006. Print.
Gantos, Jack. Dead End in Norvelt. New York: Farrar Straus Giroux, 2011. Print. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

The Boys LOVE to receive positive words of encouragement as well as book recommendations from you! Please take a minute to leave a happy comment. Registering through OpenID is quick and easy~ we can't wait to hear what you think!